Hartwig Wolfgang Thim
Hartwig Wolfgang Thim
|Born||March 18, 1935|
|Residence||Linz, Upper Austria, Austria|
|Known for||Special Relativity|
|Fields||Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering|
Hartwig is interested in special relativity and carried out experiments showing that the relativistic transverse Doppler shift and, hence, time dilation effects are absent. His teaching activities included basic electromagnetism, semiconductor devices and circuits, opto-electronics, wave propagation and relativity. Education
1941 - 1946 Elementary school in Linz, Austria
1946 - 1954 High school (Gymnasium) in Linz, Austria
1954 - 1960 Diplom Ingenieur degree in Electrical Engineering from Technical University of Vienna, Austria
1960 - 1964 Doctor of Technical Sciences degree from Technical University of Vienna, Austria
1960 - 1964 Assistant Professor at the Theoretical Electrical Engineering Institute of the Technical University of Vienna, Austria
1964 - 1969 Solid State Devices Department at Bell Telephone Laboratories, Murray Hill, New Jersey, USA
1969 - 1974 Head of the Microwave Physics Department of the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Solid State Physics, Freiburg, Germany
1974 - 1985 Full Professor and head of the Industrial Electronics Institute at the Technical University of Vienna, Austria
1985 - 2003 Full Professor and head of the Microelectronics Institute at the Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
1991 - 1993 Dean of the technical faculty
2003 - Professor Emeritus at the Microelectronics Institute, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
Research and Teaching Activities
Crystal growth of compound semiconductor materials, bulk semiconductor and hetero-junction devices for microwave and millimeter-wave applications, Gallium-Arsenide integrated circuits, and microwave sensors. He developed the first stable bulk semiconductor amplifier, known as the TEA (transferred electron amplifier), together with co-workers at Bell Labs. As an Emeritus Professor he is now teaching Wave Propagation and Relativity and, Why Relativity is Wrong.
- 2011 - "Three Major Inconsistencies of the Lorentz Transformations" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "Einstein's Light Speed Postulate is Illogical" (Read in full)
- 2009 - ""Spooky Action" is a Well Known Phenomenon in Car Engines" (Read in full)
- 2008 - "Licht kann mit Licht nicht gemessen werden!"
- 2008 - "How Much Lower is the Frequency of a Solid State Oscillator When it is Moving Relative to the CMB (Cosmic Microwave Background)" (Read in full)
- 2006 - "Die Tagung 2006 der ?sterreichischen Physikalischen Gesellschaft vom 18.09. bis 21.09.2006 in Graz und die wahrzunehmende Stimmung in der Forschung "
- 2006 - "The Long History of the Mass-Energy Relation" (Read in full)
- 2006 - "[[The Postulates of Both Galilean And Special Relativity Have Been Violated
by the U2 Anisotropy Experiment of Smoot et al ]]"
- 2006 - "Vorschlag eines Experiments zur Widerlegung der Zeitdilatation "
- 2005 - "An Experimental Setup for Measuring the One-Way Phase Velocity of a Microwave Signal"
- 2003 - "[[Absence of the Relativistic Transverse Doppler Shift
at Microwave Frequencies]]" (Read in full)