Reinventing the Universe: A New Astronomy for the New Millennium
|File:Reinventing the Universe: A New Astronomy for the New Millennium 1629.jpg|
|Publisher||Amazon Digital Services, Inc.|
|ISBN||B009ROYR04 Invalid ISBN|
This book takes a new look at what is believed by astronomers today and finds that much that astronomers tell us is wrong! Some of the areas discussed in this book include: # The universe is not expanding, and there was not a Big Bang. The universe is much older than currently believed.
- Quasars are not at enormous distances ascribed to them, and do not have the enormous energies astronomers would have you believe.
- Many galaxies are not real, and instead are optical illusions caused by the bending of light by gravity.
- There is a simple explanation for what astronomers call dark matter, and since they cant find it, it probably doesn't exist.
- A new concept for pulsars is provided which does not rely on rotating neutron stars as an explanation.
- A new explanation is provided for why the orbits of planets in the solar system are nearly circular.
- Surprisingly, many, or even most, of the stars and galaxies that we see in the night sky are not real - they are mirages caused by the bending of light by gravity, as described by Einstein.
- The speed of light may be best determined by the speed of neutrinos, rather than photons. This is because the speed of light is reduced by a gravitational field, and all measurements of the speed of light have been made in the gravitational fields of the earth and sun. This could be the explanation for the strange trajectories of the Pioneer 10 and 11 satellites.
- There are numerous surprises within this book!
If you have ever wondered about some of the strange things astronomers would have us believe, this book is a must read!
There are hundreds, or even thousands, of books on astronomy and the universe. And for the most part they are very similar, discussing the expanding universe, the Big Bang, dark matter, quasars, galaxies and the solar system. Pick any topic and the books covering that topic are eerily alike.
Not this book (actually an ebook). This book challenges nearly all of current astronomical theories. If you have ever had doubts or questions about some (or any) of the theories which make up the fields of astronomy and cosmology, then you should read this book. Author Jerrold Thacker takes direct aim at the expanding universe and Big Bang theories, and shows definitively why they are wrong. He also questions that quasars are at cosmological distances, and provides compelling evidence that they are not. And more surprisingly, he finds strong evidence that many, or even most, of the star images we see in the night sky are actually optical illusions caused by the effect of gravity on light.
There are many more surprises in this amazing book, the product of sixty years of independent research by the author. Reinventing the Universe is an ebook, available for $2.99 for any ebook reader such as Kindle, Nook, iPad, and even PDF (for computers) from retailers such as Amazon. Barnes and Noble, iTunes, Smashwords and Lulu.
Table of Contents
- Section I - The Expanding Universe and the Big Bang
- * Chapter 1 - Redshifted Galaxies - the Dawn of Modern Astronomy
- Chapter 2 - A New Explanation for the Redshift of Galaxies
- * Chapter 3 - The Mysterious Quasars
- Chapter 4 -The Missing Matter in the Universe
- Chapter 5 - The Cosmic Background Radiation
- * Chapter 9 - Quasars -A New Kind of Star?
- Chapter 10 - New Thoughts about Pulsars
- Chapter 11 - The Sun as a Pulsar
- Chapter 12 - Galaxies and Star Clusters - are they real?
- Chapter 13 - Some Answers to the Missing Mass Problem
- Chapter 14 - Shrinking the Universe, or Where Have All the Stars Gone?
- Chapter 15 - Gravity's Effect on the Formation of the Solar System
- Chapter 16 - Summary