Satya Pal Asija
Satya Pal Asija
|Born||April 26, 1942|
|Residence||Shelton, CT, United States|
|Nationality||Indian / USA|
|Known for||Correction, Aristotle, Galileo, Newton, Einstein|
|Fields||Engineer, Patent Attorney|
OUR PAL ASIJA PATENT ATTORNEY AND PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER B.Sc., Grad IERE (Lond), P.G.D. (Wales), MBA, PE, CDP, JD
S. Pal Asija, was born in India, educated in England and became a U. S. Citizen in 1972. He has 4 graduate degrees, is a registered professional engineer and is admitted to practice before the U. S. Supreme Court. He is an inventor as well as a patent attorney. Our Pal has authored 4 books, obtained 4 federal trademarks, patented 6 inventions, published over 50 articles and has made over 100 group presentations. His numerous accomplishments appear in over 100 international press and TV reports. He uses proprietary audio-visual and audience participation techniques in all his presentations. He is a founding member of several inventors' Organizations. He has won numerous awards for inventing and public speaking in USA as well abroad. He is featured in 5 books not authored by him. He handled the In-line skates trademark litigation "Rollerblade Inc. v/s Turbo Blade Inc." Dr. S Pal Asija is listed in Whos Who in the World and in 1990 he was inducted into the Hall of Fame for Engineering Science and Technology for inventing & successfully prosecuting the first software patent. ASIJA is a frequently invited speaker and consultant on innovation and patent matters worldwide. He was a founding SYSOP (System Operator) of CompuServe's forum on Ideas and Inventions in charge of Laws and Protection section. He is serving on the boards of directors of several organizations. He is an inventor coach as well as on-line faculty. He is a European Roving Reporter for Inventors Digest of USA, the North American International Correspondent for Inventors World of UK as well as a regular contributor to such publications as Business Developments of New Zealand, Dream Merchant of California and IndustryScoop of Cyberspace.
In his own home Pal hosts a bi-monthly Futurists & Inventors (F&I) Challenge meeting, discussing philosophical ideas of the broadest scope.
- 4 graduate degrees.
- 20 years experience in systems engineering, telecommunications, aerospace, technology transfer, management and patents, trademarks and copyrights.
- A creative results oriented entrepreneur with 6 patents, 4 trademarks, 4 books, 50 articles and over 100 group presentations.
- Knowledge of German language. Listed in Whos Who in the World.
- Obtained the first software patent ever.
- Inducted into the Hall of Fame for Engineering Science & Technology.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence NKU/Salmon P. Chase 1974
- MBA University of Dayton, Ohio 1970
- Post Graduate Diploma University of Wales, Cardiff, UK 1967
- Graduate Institute of Electronic & Radio Engineers. (London) 1964
- B.Sc.(3 Yrs) S.D.College/Punjab University, India 1961
- 04/88 - Present. Private Practice of Law and Engineering with special emphasis on information technology and intellectual property. (Part time practice started in 1974)
- 02/85 - 03/88. Consultant and Avionics Systems Integration Engineer. Sikorsky Aircraft Stratford, Conn. Designed and developed avionics integration plan for the SHADOW (Sikorsky Advanced Demonstrator of Operator Workload) project in support of the US Army LHX/SCAT (Light Helicopter Experimental for hybrid SCout/ATtack missions) program and authored Symphony macros for the 24 minute proposal system.
- 10/80 - 01/85. Senior Member Technical Staff. ITT Shelton, Connecticut & Stuttgart, Germany. Solved system wide clock problem in successful transfer of 3 modules of distributed processing PBX technology (using Intel 8086 chips) from R & D in USA to manufacturing in Europe.
- 1965 - 1980. English Electric of England, University of Notre Dame, AT&T NCR, Dayton Police Department, State of Minnesota, Sperry Univac, & E Systems.
- Invented & prosecuted the first Software patent ever (4,270,182).
- Helped over 100 clients resolve civil, criminal, intellectual property and computer law issues and gained extensive court room experience.
- Over 25 years patent prosecution and other intellectual property experience (Patent Office Registration Number 27,113)
- Developed and conducted seminars for lawyers on "How to Protect Computer Programs" and related computer law issues.
- Candidate for the Minnesota House of Representatives in 1976.
- Law school editorial and moot court experience.
- Managed as the executive director a multi-million dollar Minnesota Crime Information System supporting 3 computers, 15 professionals and a 31 member policy & review board.
- Managed as program manager Orange County Transit Districts Mobile Digital Communication system for "DIAL-A-RIDE" vehicles.
- Supervised and guided the work of S technicians in the electronics shop of the Atomic Energy Commission radiation lab at the University of Notre Dame.
- Developed and conducted training programs and seminars on interaction between technology and the criminal justice for Dayton Police Command.
- Managed the Encoder-Reader project by coordinating the work of analog, mechanical and optics experts.
- Able Toastmaster Number 772 in 1971.
- Designed developed and implemented a microphone inhibit strategy for Orange County Transit District Mobile digital Communication System for Dial-A-Ride vehicles to eliminate unwanted interruptions.
- Developed and implemented a fail-soft/fail-safe strategy to automatically reconfigure out defective equipment in the German and Korean air traffic control systems.
- Networked city, county and state criminal justice computers CDC Cyber 72-16, Univac 418-III and IBM 370-158 respectively and developed and implemented the first computerized police reporting system in USA.
- Invented, the first postal bar code reader (U S Patent 3,796,862)
- Invented, patented, prototyped and used a robot to debate "LIVE" with a human being in real time ( U S Patent 4,107,462)
- Invented SWIFT-ANSWER natural language fault tolerant interface, the first software patent ever (4,270,182)
- Developed encoding/decoding logic for thermal printers for U S Army & Navy
- Developed new methodology for logic design (IEEE Spectrum Dec. 68)
- Designed Thyrister Misfire Detector for Pakistan Railways using integrated circuits in its logic design in 1967
- Computer friendly in both MAC & IBM environments
- ?Success through Speech - A Compilation of Speeches? Library of Congress Catalog, No. C25, 391, P I Press 1970
- ?Doing Business with India - A Surveyof Problems? Library of Congress Catalog No. A-268,067 P I Press 1971
- ?Automating the Legal System? Police Education Audio Library Detroit, Mich. 1976
- ?How to Protect Software - A Case History of the First Pure Software Patent? Law Publishers Allahabad, India, 1983
- ?Software Protection Seminar Workbook - Notes Accompanying a Full Day Seminar? Easyware Corp, Bridgeport, Conn. 1985
- ?How to patent Mathematical Algorithms in software Embodiments? Presentation Notes, Metroplex Institute for Neuro Dynamics, Rich. Texas 1991
- Can Computers Think? Progress in Science SEP 66
- Instant Logic Conversion IEEE Spectrum DEC 68
- Over-Voltage Protection Electronic Design JUN 69
- Project TELEPHONES The Police Chief AUG 73
- Police Telephones Go On-line Govt. Data Systems JAN 74
- Source Data Management Data Management APR 74
- Source Data Collection Data Communications User AUG 74
- Micro forming Myths The Police Chief OCT 76
- Four Phase Logic The Electronic Design DEC 77
- How to Invent? Unit JUN 81
- Computer Law Abroad Comp. User's Legal Reporter SEP 84
- Software Patents Conn. Comp. Soc. News OCT 84
- Natural Language Interface Databases in Humanities JUL 87
- Handwriting Recognition System IASSIST MAY 88
- Pseudo Parsing SWIFT-Answer CMU Parsing Technologies AUG 89
- Entrepreneur & the Law ICTTE NOV 90
- Voice Integrated Avionics AHS Specialists Proceedings OCT 93
- North American International Correspondent for Inventors World of UK
- European Roving Reporter for Inventors Digest of USA
- Contributing editor for Business Developments of New Zealand
- Writer Dream Merchant and ?The American Inventor of USA
- Editor of ?The Chasette? a weekly publication of the Chase Law College of Northern Kentucky University in 1972-73.
- Member Editorial Advisory Board Computer Users? Legal Reporter
- Editorial Associates, Health Sciences and the Law, Georgetown University, Washington D C
- 2012 - "One Reality of Universe within Universe" (Read in full)
- 2012 - "A Systems View of One Reality of the Universe (FTPRDNFBU) within Universe (IEVACXFFU) delineating its Size, Structure and Soul and Our Special Status on the Privileged Planet "
- 2011 - "Man Myths and Mysteries"
- 2011 - "Math Myths & Mysteries"
- 2011 - "One Reality Now (Nuggets of Wisdom)" (Read in full)
- 2011 - "[[A Systems View of the Universe as ONE Reality
]]" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "[[Additions & Corrections to ONE Reality
- 2010 - "First Annual Catholic Geocentric Conference Report" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "Couplets, Grouplets and More"
- 2010 - "Electromagnetic Light Waves & Gravitational Waves"
- 2010 - "How to Fix the Paradigm of Science" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "Instant Gravity and Real Time Astronomy in a Real Time Universe" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "Mass, Motion, Gravity & Light"
- 2010 - "Matter Matters or What Makes the World Go Around?"
- 2010 - " The Power of URL to Delineate the Cosmos"
- 2010 - "Twenty Reasoned and Reasonable Assumptions of One Reality in Twenty Minutes Towards a Unified Theory"
- 2010 - "[[Structure and Size of the Physical Universe
- 2010 - "Synoptic Insights into ONE Reality"
- 2010 - "From Zero to Infinity and Back in Zero Time" (Read in full)
- 2009 - "Challenging & Defending the Paradigm of Science"
- 2009 - "In re SRT v/s SRT : From Aristotle to Einstein Even To Date - Same Folly Rules the Paradigm of Special Relativity" (Read in full)
- 2008 - "Future of Science and Nobel Report" (Read in full)
- 2008 - "Minor Corrections to Science" (Read in full)
- 2007 - "Minor Corrections to Natural Philosophy & Physics of Aristotle, Galileo, Sir Isaac Newton and Einstein " (Read in full)
- 2007 - "There is But One Reality Dealing with the Whole Being, Implying a Theory of Everything "
- 2006 - "One Reality and Poetry"
- 2006 - "Towards a Theory of Everything Integrating Known Physical and Invisible Virtual Universe"
- 2005 - "Main Reality Presentation Slides" (Read in full)
- 2005 - "Universe within Universe"
- 2009 - From Aristotle to Einstein to Date: The Same Folly Rules the Paradigm of Special Relativity (Video Lecture)