Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Residence||Newport Beach, CA, United States|
|Known for||Non-locality, Bell's Theorem, Cosmology|
B.A., Physics, Cornell University, NY, U.S.A., 1967
- Ph.D., Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, U.S.A., 1972
- Currently at Chapman University
- Honorary Member, Romanian Academy of Sciences.
- Distinguished Faculty, 1986. University Professor.
- Dean, SCS, George Mason University (GMU), July 2002-2006.
- Associate Dean, SCS, George Mason University, 2000- June 2002.
- Director, Center for Earth Observing and Space Research (CEOSR), 1995-present.
- Director for Academic Programs and Science, CSI, GMU, 1991-1994.
- Founding Director, CSI I Acting Chair, Dept. of Physics, GMU, 1989-1991.
- Professor, Dept. of Physics, George Mason University, 1984-??.
- Assistant/Associate Prof. 1975-1984.
- Postdoctoral Research Assoc., NASA/GFSC, Greenbelt, MD, 1973-1975.
- Postdoc. Research Assoc., U. of Colorado, Boulder, 1972-1973.
- Research Assistant, Dept. of Physics, M.I.T., 1967-1972.
- 12 books, author or editor
- 134 articles in astronomy and astrophysics (1973-2000)
- 12 articles in cosmology and quantum theory
- 11 articles in Brain science/consciousness and quantum theory (since 1999)
- 58 articles in Earth System Science, remote sensing and data systems (since 1996)
- More than 1,940 citations in professional journals, proceedings and books
- Earth System Science/Earth Observing/Remote Sensing:
- Virtual Domain Application Data Centers; federated, distributed data information system architecture;
- Visualization of Earth and space science data;
- Interdisciplinary studies in Earth system science, including vegetation and climate phenomena coupling;
- Content-based Earth science data browsing;
- User interfaces;
- Distributed data systems and associated technologies.
- Space Sciences:
- Black holes, active galaxies and quasars, accretion hydrodynamics in curved spacetime, gamma-rays from active galaxies;
- Ultraviolet astronomy, symbiotic stars; atomic physics.
- Foundations of Quantum Theory, Cosmology and Consciousness:
- Cosmological observations and their limitations;
- Universal Diagrams;
- Foundations of quantum theory;
- Quantum theory and brain dynamics
- ABC national news on Hurricane Katrina
- local Fox news on earthquakes (Sept., Oct 2005)
- local CBS and Fox news on hurricanes and Mason's antenna (May 2006)
- 2002 - "Gravitation and Cosmology: From the Hubble Radius to the Planck Scale (Fundamental Theories of Physics)" (Read in full)
- 2001 - "The Non-Local Universe: The New Physics and Matters of the Mind" (Read in full)
- 1989 - "Bells Theorem, Quantum Theory and Conceptions of the Universe (Fundamental Theories of Physics)" (Read in full)