|Born||May 20, 1932|
|Died||May 20, 2005|
|Residence||Gloucester, ON, Canada|
|Known for||Newtonian Physics, Big Bang, Redshift|
|Fields||Professor of Physics|
From 1990 to 1999, Paul Marmet was a Visiting Adjunct Professor of Physics at the University of Ottawa. He was a Senior Research Officer at the Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics of the National Research Council of Canada, in Ottawa, from 1983 to 1990. From 1962 to 1983, he was a Professor of Physics and after 1967 the director of the laboratory for Atomic and Molecular Physics at Laval University in Qu?bec City, the same place he receive both his BS and PhD in Physics.
A past president of the Canadian Association of Physicists (1981-1982), he also served as a member of the executive committee of the Atomic Energy Control Board of Canada from 1979 to 1984. Marmet was elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada (F.R.S.C) in 1973 and was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 1981. The Order of Canada is the highest decoration bestowed by the Canadian government. An acknowledged expert in the field of Electron Spectroscopy, he authored more than 100 papers on the subject. MARMET, Paul Ph.D., F.R.S.C., O.C. In hospital, on his 73rd birthday, on Friday, May 20, 2005. Dearly beloved husband of Jacqueline Cote. Loving father .... More - Ottawa Citizen, 5/21/2005.
- Natural Length Contraction Due To Gravity.
- Natural Length Contraction Mechanism Due To Kinetic Energy.
- Fundamental Nature Of Relativistic Mass And Magnetic Field.
- 2006 - "The GPS and the Constant Velocity of Light" (Read in full)
- 2006 - "The Overlooked Phenomena in the Michelson-Morley Experiment" (Read in full)
- 2003 - "GPS and the Illusion of Constant Light Speed"
- 2000 - "The Apparent Constant Velocity of Light"
- 2000 - "The Deficient Observations of Light Deflection Near the Sun"
- 2000 - "Explaining the Illusion of the Constant Velocity of Light" (Read in full)
- 1998 - "Book Review: Einstein's Theory of Relativity versus Classical Mechanics" (Read in full)
- 1998 - "Relativistic Deflection of Light Near the Sun Using Radio Signals and Visible Light" (Read in full)
- 1996 - "The Non-Reality of Time Dilation"
- 1996 - "A Realistic Interpretation of Length Contraction"
- 1996 - "Relative Simultaneity?"
- 1995 - "The Cosmological Red Shift in an Unlimited Universe"
- 1995 - "Incompatability; Simultaneity"
- 1994 - "An Alternate Interpretation of the 3 K Radiation"
- 1991 - "A New Mechanism to Explain Observations Incompatible with the Big Bang" (Read in full)
- 1990 - "Big Bang Cosmology Meets an Astronomical Death" (Read in full)
- 1990 - "Relativity and the Formation of Black Holes" (Read in full)
- 1989 - "Cosmic Matter and the Nonexpanding Universe" (Read in full)
- 1988 - "A New Non-Doppler Redshift" (Read in full)