Andre K T Assis
Andre K. T. Assis
|Born||August 11, 1962|
|Residence||Campinas, SP, Brazil|
|Known for||Gravity, Electromagnetism, Electrodynamics, IAAD, Mach's Principle, Tired Light, Weber's Electrodynamics, Ampere's Force between Current Elements|
|Fields||Professor of Physics|
Andre Koch Torres Assis is a Professor of physics at the State University of Campinas, in Brazil, working with gravitation (Relational Mechanics, Mach's principle and the origin of inertia, absorption of gravity), electromagnetism (Weber's electrodynamics, Ampere's force between current elements, electric field outside resistive wires carrying steady currents, propagation of electromagnetic signals), cosmology (Hubble's law of redshifts, cosmic background radiation, tired light, infinite universe in space and time) and history of science. Andre Koch Torres Assis was born in Brazil (1962) and educated at the University of Campinas - UNICAMP, BS (1983), PhD (1987). He spent the academic year of 1988 in England with a post-doctoral position at the Culham Laboratory (United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority). He spent one year in 1991-92 as a Visiting Scholar at the Center for Electromagnetics Research of Northeastern University (Boston, USA). From August 2001 to November 2002, and from February to May 2009, he worked at the Institute for the History of Natural Sciences, Hamburg University (Hamburg, Germany) with research fellowships awarded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation of Germany. He is the author of Weber's Electrodynamics (1994), Relational Mechanics (1999), Inductance and Force Calculations in Electrical Circuits (with M. A. Bueno, 2001), The Electric Force of a Current (with J. A. Hernandes, 2007), Archimedes, the Center of Gravity, and the First Law of Mechanics (2008), The Experimental and Historical Foundations of Electricity (2010), and Weber's Planetary Model of the Atom (with K. H. Widerkehr and G. Wolfschmidt, 2011). He has been professor of physics at UNICAMP since 1989, working on the foundations of electromagnetism, gravitation, and cosmology.
- 2011 - "Consequences of Relational Time" (Read in full)
- 2004 - "Virial Theorem for Weber's Law " (Read in full)
- 2002 - "The Relationship Between Mach's Principle and the Principle of Physical Proportions" (Read in full)
- 2000 - "Mass in Relational Mechanics" (Read in full)
- 2000 - "The Principle of Physical Proportions and Some Applications"
- 1999 - "Applications of the Principle of Physical Proportions to Gravitation" (Read in full)
- 1999 - "Arguments in Favour of Action at a Distance" (Read in full)
- 1999 - "Charged Particle Oscillating Near a Capacitor"
- 1999 - "The Meaning of the Constant c in Weber's Electrodynamics" (Read in full)
- 1997 - "The Problem of Surface Charges and Fields in Coaxial Cables and its Importance for Relativistic Physics" (Read in full)
- 1995 - "History of the 2.7 K Temperature Prior to Penzias and Wilson" (Read in full)
- 1994 - "Kirchhoff on the Motion of Electricity in Conductors" (Read in full)
- 1994 - "Unipoplar Induction and Weber's Electrodynamics"
- 1992 - "On the Mechanism of Railguns" (Read in full)
- 1991 - "[[Can a Steady Current Generate an Electric Field?
]]" (Read in full)
- 2015 - "Ampere s Electrodynamics - Analysis of the Meaning and Evolution of Ampere s Force between Current Elements, together with a Complete Translation of His Masterpiece: Theory of Electrodynamic Phenomena" (Read in full)
- 2014 - "Relational Mechanics and Implementation of Mach's Principle with Weber's Gravitational Force" (Read in full)
- 2013 - "Elektrischer Strom und Oberfl?chenladungen: was Wilhelm Weber schon vor mehr als 150 Jahren wusste" (Read in full)
- 2013 - "Mec?nica Relacional e Implementa??o do Princ?pio de Mach com a For?a de Weber Gravitacional" (Read in full)
- 2012 - "Stephen Gray e a Descoberta dos Condutores e Isolantes: Tradu??o Comentada de Seus Artigos sobre Eletricidade e Reprodu??o de Seus Principais Experimentos" (Read in full)
- 2012 - "The Illustrated Method of Archimedes: Utilizing the Law of the Lever to Calculate Areas, Volumes and Centers of Gravity" (Read in full)
- 2011 - "Eletrodin?mica de Amp?re: An?lise do Significado e da Evolu??o da For?a de Amp?re, Juntamente com a Tradu??o Comentada de Sua Principal Obra sobre Eletrodin?mica" (Read in full)
- 2011 - "Webers Planetary Model of the Atom" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "Archimedes, the Center of Gravity, and the First Law of Mechanics: The Law of the Lever" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "Os Fundamentos Experimentais e Historicos da Eletricidade" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "The Experimental and Historical Foundations of Electricity" (Read in full)
- 2008 - "Arquimedes, o Centro de Gravidade e a Lei da Alavanca" (Read in full)
- 2007 - "The Electric Force of a Current: Weber and the Surface Charges of Resistive Conductors Carrying Steady Currents" (Read in full)
- 2001 - "Inductance and Force Calculations in Electrical Circuits" (Read in full)
- 1999 - "Relational Mechanics" (Read in full)
- 1998 - "Mecanica Relacional" (Read in full)
- 1994 - "Webers Electrodynamics" (Read in full)
- 1992 - "Curso de Eletrodinamica de Weber"
- 2010 - Weber's Electrodynamics (Video Lecture)
- 2009 - Relational Mechanics (Video Lecture)
- 2004 - Universe - The Cosmology Quest (Video Movie)
- 1998 - [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9VdQhTGeZQ Talk Show Interview in Brazil] (Video Television)
- 1998 - Talk Show Interview in Brazil (Video Television)