|Born||March 14, 1952|
|Residence||Saint Etienne, France|
|Known for||Space, Time, Motion, Thermodynamics, Earth Sciences|
Born 1952 in Grenoble. Ing?nieur Civil (Ecole des mines de Paris, 1974), Ing?nieur G?ologue (Ecole des mines de Paris, 1977), Docteur Ing?nieur (Ecole des mines de Paris, 1979), Docteur d?Etat (Universit? Paris VI, 1989). Professor and researcher to the Ecole des mines de Saint-Etienne since 1977. Research
In the past, sedimentology and mapping (Alps of Haute Provence, directed by Bernard Beaudoin, Ecole des mines de Paris), inversion of the geomagnetic data (directed by Vincent Courtillot and Jean-Luc Le Mou?l, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris), geomorphology and mapping of the weathering formations on peridotites (directed by Jean Vogt and Jean-Pierre Lajoinie, BRGM, Noum?a, New Caledonia), petrology and geochemistry of skarns (Pyrenees, directed by Michel Fonteilles, University Paris VI and Albert Autran, BRGM; Docteur Ing?nieur thesis and Doctorat d??tat thesis).
Petrology and geochemistry of skarns, thermodynamics and mathematics applied to geology, self-organization in geology (columnar jointing of basalts, Forbes ogives in glaciers, banded skarns etc.), fluid-rocks interactions modeling (in collaboration with Daniel Garcia and Jacques Moutte), application to the petroleum industry and to CO2 storage, application to magma-rocks interactions. Structure of phase diagrams (linear programming, matroid theory, in collaboration with Jean-Marie Pla), application to the weathering of cements (in collaboration with Essa?d Bilal), geochemistry of polluted soils (in coll. with Jean-Luc Bouchardon), epistemology of geology, foundations of physics (relativity theory, concepts of time, space and movement). I initiated a research in the modeling of the biological reactions (specific immunity lymphocytes, in collaboration with Frederic Gruy and Claude Lambert).
- 1974 - Civil Engineering (Ecole des mines de Paris)
- 1977 - Geologist (Ecole des mines de Paris, 1977)
- 1979 - Doctor of Engineering (Ecole des mines de Paris)
- 1989 - Post Doctorate (Universit? Paris VI)
general geology, geophysics, thermodynamics, physics, epistemology (relationships between physical sciences and human sciences), ethics.
At the universities of: Bloomington, Cluj-Napoca, Sapporo, Krakow, Louvain-la-Neuve, Barcelona, Beijing, Moscow. I have been director of Geology department from 1989 to 2000. I am a member of the associated to CNRS team: ?Magmas et volcans?, n?6524 (Universities of Clermont-Ferrand and Saint-Etienne).
- modified gravitation
- lorentz transformation and time (in French)
- thinking of space and time together (in French, English abstract)
- 2012 - "Degr? z?ro des lois physiques; consid?rations heuristiques" (Read in full)
- 2011 - "Time and Space are of the Same Stuff" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "Les relations de Lorentz et le temps: proposition d?utilisation d?un param?tre temporel tri-dimensionnel d?fini par un d?placement La question du temps en physique" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "A Modified Law of Gravitation taking Account of the Relative Speeds of Moving Masses. A Preliminary Study" (Read in full)
- 2010 - "Penser ensemble l'espace et le temps (Thinking of Space and Time Together)" (Read in full)
- 2008 - "'Time is the Other Name of 'Space' (Summarized Approach)"
- 2008 - "Time is the Other Name of Space: A Philosophical, a Physical and a Mathematical Space-Time" (Read in full)