|Born||July 29, 1956|
|Died||April 18, 2010|
|Residence||Irvine, CA, United States|
Gerard Coutu, Ph.D., a former student of Domina Eberle Spencer, had extensive academic and industrial experience in signal processing. He was an associate professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Connecticut - Storrs for 11 years. His areas of specialization included adaptive signal processing, adaptive pattern recognition, image processing, volumetric processing, and real time control of acoustic noise, medical products, among others. As a consultant he specialized in DSP, including real time emplementation issues. Coutu was a member of the IEEE and authored over 30 papers. Irvine, Calif. - Gerard "Gerry" Coutu, 53, of Irvine, Calif., and formerly of Colchester, passed away on April 18, 2010, in California. Born July 29, 1956... - obituary
- 1998 - "The Electrodynamic Formulation of the Hering Furnace and Overhead Welding: Three Viewpoints"
- 1997 - "The Hering Experiment from Three Viewpoints"
- 1997 - "Overhead Welding from Three Viewpoints"
- 1994 - "Experimental Support for the Validity of the Gaussian EM..."
- 1993 - "The Electrodynamic Interpretation of the Weld Problem"