Hector A Munera
Hector A. Munera
|Born||October 16, 1943|
|Residence||Bogota, D.C., Colombia|
|Known for||Michelson-Morley experiment, Gravity anomalies, Cartesian classical mechanics, Allais Effect|
|Fields||Professor of Physics|
Hector Augusto Munera Orozco graduated as a Chemical Engineer in Medellin (Colombia), and obtained a M.Sc. in Radiation Studies (U. Surrey, England) and M.Sc. in Operational Research (U. Nacional, Bogota). He worked for eight years at the Institute for Nuclear Affairs in Bogota, doing experimental nuclear physics, and radioisotope applications. He went to the U. California at Berkeley for a Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering and was caught by the swirl of the nuclear risk controversy, spending fifteen years doing research on the foundations of decision making. His postdoctoral work was at ETH-Zurich, the institution where Einstein studied. By the late eighties he was convinced that the concept of macroscopic probability has to be causal, and returned to physics, to explore such nonconventional possibilities. By 2013 he is completely convinced that the physical world is causal, and at the most fundamental level is formed by massive extended particles in motion. During 2003-05 he repeated in Bogota the Michelson-Morley experiment in a stationary setup, obtaining residual signals (after substracting environmental effects) that are periodic, contrary to Einsteinian predictions. On the occassion of the 100th birthday of Maurice Allais, Munera edited the book "Should the laws of gravitation be reconsidered?". Currently he is developing a Le Sagian Model for gravity, and preparing his next book in physics: "Neo-Cartesian Mechanics and Le Sagian Gravity".
- 2013 - "Is our sun falling toward the blackhole at the center of our galaxy?"
- 2013 - "The empirical basis for the equivalence principle: the EPF revisited--Once again"
- 2009 - "Towards the Reinstatement of Absolute Space, and Some Possible Cosmological Implications"
- 2007 - "Observation of Highly Significant Correlations Between Earth Motion and Fringe-Shifts in a Stationary Michelson-Morley Experiment During the Period 2003-2005 "
- 2006 - "The Evidence for Length Contraction at the Turn of the 20th Century: Non-existent "
- 2004 - "A New Approach to the Electromagnetic Force"
- 2003 - "On the Consistency of Observed Anistropies with Classical Mechanics"
- 2003 - "Preliminary Observations with a Stationary Michelson-Morley Interferometer Close to the Equator"
- 2000 - "An Electromagnetic Force Containing Two New Terms: Derivation from a 4D-Aether" (Read in full)
- 2000 - "Explicit Examples of Free-Space Non-Planar Electromagnetic Waves Containing Magnetic Scalar Potentials" (Read in full)
- 2000 - "Reinterpretation of Michelson-Morley/Miller: Propagation in a Preferred Frame"
- 1998 - "[[Michelson-Morley Experiments Revisited:
Systematic Errors, Consistency Among Different Experiments, and Compatibility with Absolute Space]]" (Read in full)
- 1998 - "Michelson-Morley Experiments Revisited: Systematic Errors, Consistency Among Different Experiments, and Compatibility with Absolute Space"
- 1998 - "Redshift in Absolute Space: Periodicity of Quasars and Other Cosmological Implications" (Read in full)
- 1997 - "[[An Absolute Space Interpretation (with Non-Zero Photon
Mass) of the Non-Null Results of Michelson-Morley and imilar Experiments: An Extension of Vigier?s Proposal ]]" (Read in full)
- 1997 - "[[Magnetic Potentials, Longitudinal Currents, and Magnetic
Properties of Vacuum: All Implicit in Maxwell?s Equations]]" (Read in full)