|Born||May 16, 1950|
|Residence||Union City, PA, United States|
|Known for||Gravity, Cosmology, Fundamental Particles|
|Fields||Professor of Physics|
My formal training was in gravitation and earth physics. In 1986 I started to seriously look at periodicities in earthquakes. At the age of 36, I started to seriously study science and challenge accepted dogma. Whenever the data conflicted with what I was taught, I followed my heart. Within the next 14 years I rejected many established theories and came to view academic science with a distrust.
By 1996, I thought that I had the basis of a grand unified theory. After some effort, I managed an invitation to a conference of astronomers and physicists at the University of Arizona. After my presentation, I quickly realized that I was combining theories that the audience never heard of to explain phenomena that they did believe existed.
- B.S. Physics, University of Pittsburgh, 1971. Minors in mathematics and education.
- Pennsylvania Secondary Instructional I Teaching Certificate in physics, 1973.
- M.S. Engineering Physics, University of Virginia, 1975; minor in environmental science.
- Advanced study, University of Denver, economics and mathematics (40 graduate quarter hours in economics). University of Colorado, earth physics, gravitation and particle physics.
- M.Kokus: O.Essenwanger. The use of maximum entropy for correcting averaging, aliasing and window effects in power spectra measurement.
- M.Kokus; O.Essenwanger; M.Rooney. The power spectra of Markov or red noise, signal averaging and transfer functions.
- M.Kokus, 1991. Volcanic cycles and climate. Cycles, 42:189-195.
- M.Kokus, 1990. The solar cycle and planetary periods. Cycles 41:249-251.
- F.D.Johnson; M.Kokus, 1979. NASA Technology Utilization Program: A cost/benefit evaluation. 15th Space Congress Proceedings, April 1979, Canaveral Council of Technical Societies.
- M.Kokus, 1975. A physical model of the atmospheric boundary layer, University of Virginia Library.
- M.Kokus, 2005. An interdisciplinary approach to unification, presented at the 12th Natural Philosophy Conference at U. Conn, May, 2005
- M.Kokus, 2004. Alternative theories of gravitation and geology in earthquake prediction, presented at 32nd International Geological Congress, Workshop PWO 09 on New Concepts in Global Tectonics, Urbino, Italy, Aug. 29-31, Forese Wezel, convener.
- M.Kokus, 2004. The Earth's radius, redshift quantization, and alternative theories of gravity, cosmology and fundamental particles, poster session, 32nd International Geological Congress, Workshop PWO 09 on New Concepts in Global Tectonics, Urbino, Italy, Aug. 29-31, Forese Wezel, convener.
- M.Kokus. What is Unification? Presented at the Natural Philosophy Alliance conference, University of Connecticut, Storrs, June 2003.
- M.Kokus. Redshift quantization supports earth expansion. New Concepts in Global Tectonics Conference, Otero Junior College, La Junta, CO. May, 2002.
- M.Kokus. Classical Unification, presented at Swansea Workshop on Instantaneous Action at a Distance, University of Swansea, Wales, July, 2001. The workshop dealt with philosophical conflicts between scientific paradigms.
- M.Kokus. Redshift quantization and earth expansion are complimentary, presented at the Natural Philosophy Alliance Conference, University of Connecticut, Storrs, June, 2000.
- M.Kokus, A simple, intuitive approach for unifying natural phenomena. Presented at the International Conference - Modern Mathematical Models of Time and their Applications to Physics and Cosmology, Tucson, AZ, 11-13 April, 1996.
- M.Kokus, The fine structure constant and cosmic structure, poster session at the York University Conference in Honour of Jean-Paul Vigier, York, Ontario, August, 1995.
- M.Kokus, Galaxy and quasar redshift quantization, presented at the International Conference on Frontiers of Fundamental Physics, Olympia, Greece, Sept. 1993.
- A combination tent-rain cape. U.S. Patent No. 6,341,379 B1 (2001).
- A linear reciprocating to rotary motion mechanism. U.S.Patent 4,509,855 (1983).
- "The Big Bang Never Happened." Princeton University. May, 1993.
- "The Sun in Time," University of Arizona. February, 1989.
- Chatauqua Work Shop, Radio Astronomy, May 23-26, 2004 Green Bank, WV.
- Chatauqua Work Shop, Teaching Astronomy, May 26-29, 2004 Green Bank, WV.
- 2007 - "Alternate Theories of Gravity and Geology in Earthquake Prediction"
- 2007 - "An Interactive Approach to Unification "
- 2005 - "Earthquakes on Parkfield Segment of the San Andreas Fault and Lunar Phase"
- 2005 - "Unification Based on Astronomical Quantization and Earth Expansion"
- 2003 - "The Fine Structure Constant and Cosmic Structure"
- 2000 - "Astronomical Red-Shift Quantization and Earth Expansion (~7mm/yr) Techtonics are Compatible"
- 1999 - "Towards a New Paradigm"
- 1997 - "Earthquakes, Earth Rotation, the Excess Elliptical Bulge and Earth Expansion"
- 1997 - "Fundamental Hypothesis: An Outline of a Simple Approach for Unifying Natural Phenomena"
- 1996 - "Spherical Rotation, Particles and Cosmology" (Read in full)
- 1994 - "Cosmological Coincidences" (Read in full)
- 1994 - "Earth Expansion and the Prediction of Earthquakes and Volcanicism"
- 1993 - "Red-Shift Quantization and the Fractal Geometry of the Universe"
- 1993 - "Suggestion for Unifying Two Types os Quantized Redshift of Astronomical Bodies" (Read in full)