Myron W Evans
Myron W. Evans
|Myron W. Evans|
|Born||May 26, 1950|
|Residence||Ithaca, NY, United States|
|Nationality||Welsh / USA|
|Known for||Unification, Field Theory|
Myron Wyn Evans, chemist and physicist, was born in Craig-Cefn-Parc, Wales on 26th May 1950, parents the late Edward Ivor and Mary Evans. Myron's father was a coal miner, bronze, silver and gold medals of the Mines' Rescue Service. His mother was the daughter of a coal miner, Thomas Elim Havard Jones, Head Deacon of Elim Welsh Baptist Chapel, Craig-Cefn-Parc, descending from an eleventh century Norman family, the Havard or Harvard family.
Dr. Evans is a Meldola and Harrison Medallist of the Royal Society of Chemistry of London; Junior Research Fellow (1975) of Wolfson College, Oxford; and graduate of the University of Wales (D. Sc., 1977). He married Laura Jean Joseph, 1988, and Larisa Hachikjana, 2004. He came to US in 1986, was naturalized a US citizen 2000 at Cornell University.
Dr. Evans first proposed the existence of the B(3) field in Physica B, in 1992, at Cornell University, and has developed it since then in volumes such as Modern Nonlinear Optics (Wiley, 1997, paperback); The Enigmatic Photon (Kluwer 1994 to present, first four volumes); The Photon's Magnetic Field, and The Photomagneton in Quantum Field Theory, both for World Scientific; and in several papers and letters.
- B. Sc., first class, (summa cum laude), University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1971.
- Ph. D., University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1974.
- D. Sc., University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1977.
Youngest recipient of the D. Sc. in Britain and the Commonwealth (2008).
ACADEMIC POSTS AND DISTINCTIONS
- U. K. Science Research Council Fellow, Oxford University, 1974 to 1976.
- Elected Junior Research Fellow of Wolfson College Oxford, 1975.
- Elected British Ramsay Memorial Fellow of University College London, 1976 to 1978.
- Lecturer in chemistry, University College Swansea, 1978.
- Science and Engineering Research Council Advanced Fellow, University College of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1978 to 1983.
- Co Founder and First Scientific Coordinator of the European Molecular Liquids Group in 1980 at the National Physical Laboratory.
- Visiting Scientist, University of Pisa, 1980.
- University of Wales Fellow, Bangor, 1983 to 1985.
- University of Wales Pilcher Senior Fellow, Swansea, 1985 to 1986.
- Visiting Academic, Trinity College Dublin, 1985 to 1986.
- I. B. M. Visiting Professor, Clementi Environment, Kingston New York, 1986 to 1987.
- Elected Leverhulme Trust Fellow, 1985.
- MOTECC Project Writer, I.B.M. Kingston, 1988.
- Visiting Scientist, Cornell Theory Center, 1989 to 1990.
- Visiting Scientist, University of Zurich, 1900 to 1991.
- Visiting Senior Associate, Pennsylvania State University, 1991 to 1992.
- Full Professor of Physics, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992 to 1995.
- Visiting Professor, York University Toronto, 1995 to 1996.
- Visiting Professor, Indian Statistical Institute Calcutta, 1995 to 1996.
- Director of the Alpha Foundation's Institute for Advanced Studies, 1998 to present.
- Elected American Biographical Institute Life Fellow, 1999.
- Elected Life Fellow of the International Biographical Association, Cambridge, 1999.
- Appointed by Parliament as Civil List Pensioner 2005 for distinguished service to Great Britain in science, a British High Honour and Life Pension.
- President of the Alpha Institute for Advanced Study, 2007.
- Chairman of the Santilli-Galilei Association, 2007.
- Director and Vice Chairman of Steriwave Plc., 2007.
Prizes, Honours and Awards
- 2008 Santilli-Galilei Gold Medal and Prize for distinguished service to physics.
- 1995 Institute of Basic Research Full Professor.
- Best O level results Pontardawe Grammar School, 1966.
- University of Wales Mathews Prize for best first year results, 1969.
- University of Wales Dr Samuel Williams Post Graduate Studentship for best undergraduate degree, 1971.
- French Government Studentship, 1972.
- ICI European Fellowship, 1974.
- National Research Council of Canada Fellowship, 1974.
- Royal Society of Chemistry Harrison Memorial Medal and Prize, 1978.
- Royal Society of Chemistry Meldola Medal and Prize, 1979.
- The Meldola Lecture, University of Oxford, 1980.
- IBM (UK) Fellowship, 1985.
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, 1986.
- Honorary Fellowship University of Lancaster, 1987.
- Honorary Fellowship University of London, 1987.
- Second Leverhulme Trust Fellowship, 1991.
- Sigma Pi Sigma of the American Physical Society 1994.
- Welcome to the Telesio - Galilei Academy of Science
- 2000 - "[[On the Application of the Lorentz Transformation in O(3)
Electrodynamics]]" (Read in full)
- 2000 - "The New Electrodynamics" (Read in full)
- 2000 - "O(3) Electrodynamics: A Second Reply to Hunter" (Read in full)
- 1998 - "Electron and Proton Spin Resonance Induced by Circularly Polarized Radiation: A Classical Derivation" (Read in full)
- 1997 - "Helicity and the Electromagnetic Field" (Read in full)
- 1997 - "Introduction: History of the B(3) Field" (Read in full)
- 1997 - "Toward an Understanding of Electromagnetic Phenomena" (Read in full)
- 2007 - "Evans Equations of Unified Field Theory" (Read in full)
- 2007 - "Generally Covariant Unified Field Theory: The Geometrization of Physics - Volume IV" (Read in full)
- 2006 - "Generally Covariant Unified Field Theory: The Geometrization of Physics - Volume II" (Read in full)
- 2006 - "Generally Covariant Unified Field Theory: The Geometrization of Physics - Volume III" (Read in full)
- 2005 - "Generally Covariant Unified Field Theory: The Geometrization of Physics - Volume I" (Read in full)
- 2002 - "The Enigmatic Photon - Volume 2: Non-Abelian Electrodynamics" (Read in full)
- 2002 - "The Enigmatic Photon - Volume 3: Theory and Practice of the B(3) Field" (Read in full)
- 2002 - "The Enigmatic Photon - Volume 4: New Directions" (Read in full)
- 2001 - "Classical and Quantum Electrodynamics and the B(3) Field" (Read in full)
- 1994/2001 - "Advances in Chemical Physics, Modern Nonlinear Optics (3 Book Set, Volume 119)" (Read in full)
- 1994 - "The Enigmatic Photon - Volume 1: The Field B3" (Read in full)
- 1993/1997 - "Modern Nonlinear Optics, 3 Part Set (Advances in Chemical Physics)" (Read in full)
- 2009 - The Universe Of Myron Evans (Video Documentary)